Dec 28, 2008
I was in Tahoe over Christmas, staying in my cabin with my family enjoying life with the people that are closest to me. One of these lovely nights as we are all sitting around in the living room, my Dad's good friend comes to spend some time with us. As I see this amazing man who I have seen as just as much a part of my family as those blood related to me, I ran up to him and gave him the same huge hug that I have given him since I was a little girl. I would see him, pause, then take a running jump into his arms as I wrap my arms around his neck.
I always have lots of "extra" family that I talk about, I suppose this man can count as an uncle....yea that works. So anyways, he comes over to spend time with my family and he ends up telling us about troubles with his wife no longer desiring to go to church. Now hearing all about this it brought quite a bit more to thought about how women in the church do not always act in ways that best represent Christ (but thats a topic for another time).
So Mike tells us about how a year has passed since he has seen his wife at church with him and how it is making things difficult. He spends the days and nights in constant prayer for his wife, that the troubles involving certain other women would not effect her relationship with Christ, although it already has. He prays unceasingly for his wife and I find that to be one of the most amazing things.
His wife was the one who lead him to Christ, his wife has always been a great woman of faith and now he has taken over in the faith department of their marriage. I see nothing wrong with that at all. I see that as he grows closer with his savior he is constantly in battle with his wife, but he is fighting for her like crazy and is praying and slowly allowing God to work on her heart as he remains patient. I see his silent fight for his wife as one of the most precious things I have ever heard of or seen. I can only pray that as he continues to see his wife as a precious jewel, and gorgeous gift, and a caring woman...that maybe one day I might find a man who finds me worth fighting for even when I might fall away, a man who isn't willing to give up simply because a situation is difficult and seems hopeless.
My fathers friend gives me hope for all men everywhere, they yes, somewhere there are amazing Men who will fight for the woman they love no matter how hard it may be. He also gives me the confidence to not settle for anything less than that. He is a man of God who puts Christ first in all he does, gives all the glory, honor and power to Him. His is not selfish or prideful but filled with the Holy Spirit and a humble heart that finds his strength in the only One who is able to give it. Also I find it completely amazing that there are still men who use words like gorgeous, beautiful, breathtaking, admirable, delicate, elegant, ravishing and adorable. I wish that guys would use words like these to describe women rather than hot or sexy. More than that, the simple gesture of him always opening a door for his wife or the subtle hand hold or squeeze that lets her know that she is desired by him. There is something so beautiful about their relationship...I find many things that he does that make him into a strong Man of God that I pray will one day find me. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment