Sometimes you get a chance to step away from a life that seems to be all about you and immerse yourself into something all together beautiful and beyond yourself.
This a few weekends ago I went to Mexico to Monte de Olivos, Casa Hogar Orphanage in Uruapan Mexico.
I was blessed to spend a weekend with my roommate Aimee, away from the rest of my self-absorbed world to focus on something outside myself.
At the Orphanage Aimee and I got the opportunity to play with a group of kids who have been blessed to be taken into an orphanage that functions as a family, given a home and a bed and food, and guidance towards the Almighty God. The kids were so excited to play and interact with us and to show us some of their fun games.
I had always been passionate about orphaned and foster children but God opened my heart to care so much deeper that weekend. I saw kids that were loved beyond measure, not only by the wonderful "families" they lived in, but I saw God's love and provision for these children evident everywhere.
The idea has come up for a group of us to start an Orphanage in Ireland, one similarly based off of the one in Mexico, I suppose we will just have to wait and see what God plans to do with that. :-)
I am excited to go back as soon as possible to help out at the orphanage, I am also excited to go back and see what we can do to serve, as well as learn how it functions so that one day if God allows, we will be able to open an orphanage that is just as loving of a place as Monte de Olivos. I was blessed to have this opportunity, I cant wait to see what God is going to do next.
Psalm 127
Unless the Lord builds the house,
its builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city,
the watchmen stand guard in vain.
In vain you rise early,
and stay up late,
toiling for food to eat--
for he grants sleep to those he loves.
No comments:
Post a Comment